Should you? My thoughts are yes. Yes, you should Noindex them. Why?
If you’ve read my guide on using SliceWP to create a WooCommerce affiliate program, you’ve probably Noindexed the pages WooCommerce creates, stopping Google (other search engines are available) from indexing them in the search engine results pages.
I mean pages like My Account, Checkout, and Cart. There’s no need for these pages to be on any search engine results page; they serve no purpose for a search; they serve a purpose for on-site users.
It makes sense to do the same with the pages SliceWP creates during the installation wizard or the ones you have built to house the output of SliceWP.
Pages such as:
- Affiliate Register
- Affiliate Account
- Affiliate login
Again they serve no purpose for search engines and user searches; they are for users on your site. They help them sign in, register, and manage their account.
Would I set them to Noindex, yes 100%
Your Affiliate Program Page
That said, you will need an affiliate program page detailing why they should become an affiliate, benefits of doing so, and so forth.
This page NEEDS to be indexed by Google (and others) it’s advertising the fact you DO offer an affiliate program. So I’d set this to index in your SEO plugin of choice.
Using the shortcodes SliceWP provides, you can add a login/register box on your affiliate program page, extolling the virtues of why you should sign up. Then have them register/login on this page instead.
Read more about affiliate program pages with my tutorial, highlighting good and bad examples.
Like the sound of SliceWP?
Awesome sauce, take a look at more tips and content I’ve thrown together to help you get the most out of it:
- How To Create Your Own WooCommerce Affiliate Program (SliceWP Review)
- How To Make WooCommerce Affiliate Program Pages Shine
- Getting Creative With Creatives In SliceWP
- Send Affiliate Welcome Emails That Stand Out
- How To Create A Clean Menu Structure For Your WooCommerce Affiliate Program
- Why You Need A Newsletter For Your WooCommerce Affiliate Program
- Selecting Affiliates For Your WooCommerce Affiliate Program. (SliceWP Tutorial)
- Offer Affiliate Coupons In Your WooCommerce Affiliate Program (SliceWP)
- Should You Noindex Your Affiliate Pages?
- Affiliate Reporting In SliceWP
- High Flying Affiliates & Custom Commission Rates
- Setting Product Commission Rates For Your Affiliate Program (using SliceWP).
Subscribe To My Newsletter 🚀
I hate spam; you do as well, come on, you know you hate it. I don’t spam. Simple. Join 54 others and sign up if you’d like to hear more from me.
*There are affiliate links in this post. I use affiliate links to keep the lights on at LayerWP. They do not affect your rights, and you’ll never pay more for a product because of them.