About ShortPixel Adaptive Images
An easy-to-use plugin that lets you solve any problems with images and improve your website’s Core Web Vitals in a minute.
Imagine if you could solve all your website’s image-related problems and increase pagespeed and performance with a simple click, would not that be great?
Usually, images are the biggest resource on a web page. With just one click, ShortPixel Adaptive Images replaces all the pictures on your website with properly sized, smartly-cropped and optimized images and uploads them to ShortPixel’s global CDN.
And for even more Google love, the plugin delivers next-gen WebP or AVIF images to the right browsers auto-magically! Using ShortPixel Adaptive Images also helps with Core Web Vitals (CWV)‘s Largest Contentful Paint (LCP), First Input Delay (FID) and Cumulative Layout Shift (CLS).
This is an important SEO factor that Google uses to rank pages. The smaller the CWV values are, the better for your website.
Why you might need this plugin
If you have a WordPress website with images, the answer is most likely yes! Have you ever tested your website with tools like PageSpeed Insights or GTmetrix and received complaints that the images are not the right size or are too big? Or that you should be using “next gen” images like WebP or AVIF? Or that the website should “defer offscreen images”?
ShortPixel Adaptive Images comes to the rescue and solves the problems with images on your website in no time. In addition to images, CSS, JS and font files are also minimized and delivered from our global CDN.
- same visual quality, but smaller images thanks to ShortPixel algorithms
- smart cropping – see an example
- serve only images of appropriate size, depending on the viewport of the visitor
- lazy load support with adjustable threshold; browser native lazy loading support is also available
- automatically serves WebP and AVIF images to browsers that support this format. Animated GIFs are also supported and can will converted to animated WebP and animated AVIF!
- caching and serving from a global CDN for images as well as CSS, JS and fonts
- CSS/JS files are minimized automatically
- all major image galleries, sliders and page builders are supported
- onboarding wizard with a tool that suggests the best settings for each website
- support for low quality image placeholders (LQIP)
- support for JPEG, PNG, GIF, TIFF, BMP
- no need for a separate AVIF or WebP converter plugin, the original images are automatically converted to WebP or AVIF
- adjustable size breakpoints when resizing images
- possibility to disable plugin functionality for logged in users
- a variety of settings for increased flexibility of plugin functionality
Do I need an account to use ShortPixel Adaptive Images?
No, just install it and activate it on your WordPress website. You will then automatically receive 500 MB of CDN traffic every month. That’s about 500 visits/month!
When using ShortPixel Adaptive Images, only CDN traffic is counted if you choose to use our CDN. With the free plan, you get 100 credits for image optimization, which is equivalent to 500 MB of CDN traffic or about 500 visits/month.
Paid plans start at $4.99 and are available as both one-time and monthly plans. Even better, if you already use ShortPixel Image Optimizer, you can use the same credits for ShortPixel Adaptive Images!
ShortPixel Adaptive Images
Imagine if you could solve all your website’s image-related problems and increase pagespeed and performance with a simple click, wouldn’t that be great?